Week Ending 4th December 2020
Your child should not report to school if they or any member of your household, or someone they have been in direct contact with have any of these symptoms:
The most common symptoms are new:
- continuous cough
- fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater)
- loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste
Could I ask that parents and carers reinforce the safety messages we give in school. It is even more important now, as we approach the holidays and families are being given the opportunity to mix in small bubbles. I genuinely hope that none of our families are forced to self-isolate during this time and hopefully with increased focus on the safety measures, we will minimise the risk.
We ask pupils when in school:
- You should have your face mask on (unless exempt)
- Sanitise your hands
- When you are in corridors wear face mask.
- When you enter a class sanitise your hands and wipe down your desk.
- Senior Phase pupils should be wearing masks in classes, unless exempt. BGE pupils may wear a mask, if they wish, in classes.
- Wipe down your desk when leaving the classroom.
- As in other public places, you should have a mask on when walking around, that includes during interval and lunch and using the toilets.
- When you have finished eating, please put on your mask. You can lower it to take a drink but don’t need to keep it off.
- S6 pupils have the luxury of access to the common room, in reduced numbers. You must wear a mask, sanitise your hands when entering and leaving the room, wipe down tables before and after use, clean any equipment.
- If using local shops, please wear masks on the premises.
- Sanitise or wash your hands regularly.
LUNCHES THIS WEEK
Monday Nachos with Cheese sauce or Chilli Mince
Tuesday Chicken Tikka Masala & Naan Bread
Wednesday Assorted Panninis
Thursday Christmas Dinner Turkey & Trimmings or Steak Pie, Ice Cream
Friday Fish & Chips
PUPIL AND PASTORAL SUPPORT
In the short-term, Mrs Denny is the Acting Principal Teacher of Pupil Support and Miss Bowie the Acting Principal Teacher of Pastoral Support for Glen House.
Read more in Headteacher's Reflections Blog